Manager – Procurement
|Job Title||Manager – Procurement|
|Reporting Manager||General Manager – Procurement|
|Job Purpose||This position will support GM – Procurement in • Project procurement activities|
• Purchase of consumables, spare parts, plant machinery etc for steel plant (Blast Furnace,
Sinter Plant & Coke Oven).
Main Task & Responsibilities:
- Identify and qualify sources for materials, supplies and equipment
- Prepare and issue purchase orders, monitor and manage work in process, time schedules and cost issues to meet material and supply needs.
- Prepare and submit specifications to vendors participating in the bidding for the supply of materials and equipment. Establish annual vendor contracts with pricing, quality levels, terms, etc.
- Identify suppliers that are cost effective and efficient while minimizing the number of vendors for repetitive purchases of materials and supplies.
- Ensure compliance to all internal and external requirements affecting the launch of new programs.
- Prepare cost benefit analysis and recommendation prior to vendor selections and equipment purchases taking into consideration quality, price and expected life.
Eligibility Criteria: Candidate fulfilling following criteria would be given preference
- B.E (preferably Mechanical or Electrical)
- Minimum 12-15 years of related experience in Steel industry (Blast Furnace, Sinter Plant & Coke Oven)
Job Category: Procurement
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wardha
Experience: 12-15 Years